A Brief History of AAA Southern Pennsylvania
AAA employees are members of an organization with an impressive history. AAA was founded in 1902 when there were only 23,000 motor vehicles and almost no improved highways in the United States. AAA's leadership in the motoring field has been a prime factor in the phenomenal growth of automobile use, and today millions of motorists belong to AAA through membership in affiliate clubs. AAA Southern Pennsylvania was incorporated on September 7, 1982, for the purpose of managing the business and affairs of affiliated clubs. Currently there are eight local branches to serve you:
- White Rose Division, established in 1926, with offices in York, Hanover, and Shrewsbury; joined AAASP on September 7, 1982.
- South Penn Division, established in 1923, joined AAASP in January, 1983; the office is located in Chambersburg.
- Mid-State Division, established in 1923 with an office in Johnstown, merged with AAASP on May 16, 1985.
- Bedford County Division, established in 1924, joined AAASP on April 24, 1986.
- Nittany Division, established in 1925, joined AAASP on November 1, 1994; offices are located in State College and Lock Haven.
Working at AAA
AAA is a strong and vibrant member services organization. While continuing to provide many of the legendary automotive, travel, insurance, and financial products/services which made life easier for millions of AAA members over the past 100 years, AAA is striding forward into the 21st Century and beyond with new and exciting innovations. Its reputation, stability, growing membership base, and expanding complement of dedicated professionals combine to make AAA the new "employer of choice." We also provide an excellent benefit package for our associates.
AAA Southern Pennsylvania, with a network of eight offices throughout Pennsylvania, has attractive employment opportunities available. Diverse skills and abilities are being sought to complement the associates who now create and maintain the unique service environment that is "AAA."
We hope you will review our current employment opportunities -- and apply now - if you have the talent, drive, technical, and customer service skills needed to become a member of our unique team of service specialists. If the opportunities listed are not a match for your current needs, please check our web site again in the future for updates. Interested candidates should send/fax resume to HRD, PO Box 12005, York, PA 17402; OR FAX: (717) 755-3552. Please indicate the position for which you are applying.
Comprehensive benefits, offered to eligible AAA associates, have been designed to address a wide variety of personal needs and preferences. Whether providing individuals with medical and financial protection, or enhancing professional growth and satisfaction, AAA Southern Pennsylvania always has the needs of the individual in mind. Some of the benefits available to associates include:
- Medical insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability protection.
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Generous vacation.
- Free AAA Plus Memberships and discounts.
- Professional work environment.
- And much more.
PART-TIME CALLTAKER - YORK OFFICE
Our Emergency Road Service Dept. is seeking a calltaker for second shift, includes every other weekend and holidays. Must have prior telephone work exp, good communication skills, working knowledge of computers.